We are looking for a talented and passionate Front-End Developer who likes challenging and diverse project work to join our growing London team.
As a Front End Developer at Katana, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, in using semantic mark-up language i.e. HTML/CSS, to turn their static Photoshop designs into working browser based web pages. You’ll also work closely with server-side developers to implement their server-side code. Most of the time you’ll be working with an off-the-shelf or bespoke CMS.
Digital agency experience is extremely desirable but not essential. What you may lack in hands-on experience you will make-up for with a solid grasp of the digital landscape, especially mobile.
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Making sure markup and code adhere to the company development standards working closely with the Lead developer
- Discussing technical solutions with stakeholders and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies
Skills and experience necessary for this role:
- Coding valid HTML / HTML5 and CSS mark-up
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as GIT
- Experience with AJAX
- Experience with Bootstrap and developing for mobile
- Experience with JQuery is a bonus
- Experience with a templating language is a bonus
The Right Candidate:
- organised, punctual, detailed, accurate, work quickly to tight deadlines and excel at problem solving
- be able to plan and execute multiple projects
- can accurately translate UX wireframes and design mock-ups into well organised front-end sites
- will work closely with designers and back-end developers as well as quality assurance teams
- more than anything, has a passion for what they do and will always be looking to learn and stay current with developments in all relevant technologies, both software and hardware
Good to have
- good knowledge of mobile environment, especially iOS & Android
- JSON, Smarty, JIRA and other Atlassian products
- Social media skills, especially mainstream platform integration
- experience with Angular JS / Bootstrap / WordPress
More than anything we are looking for someone who is hungry to learn and be part of a fast-paced environment and a team that is aggressively targeting growth in multiple markets.
Please send your CV to [email protected]