Bamford is a British luxury brand specializing in cashmere and natural and artisan materials. Bamford is owned by the family behind Daylesford Organic, and designs womenswear based on principles of nature and nurture, as well a Spa and Bath & Body range.
We were engaged to archive and audit the full history of Bamford brand materials, working with the client to assess and codify the elements for retention, identifying and developing the core visual identity, re-integrating the relevant assets with the new strategic direction.
The brand and visual identity was updated during this process, to create a new and fully comprehensive, working ‘brand bible’ document, which also summarised and articulated the CEO’s new strategies. The final document includes: brand strategy, brand standards, brand identity, brand visual identity, brand application style guides and templates for all forms of brand communications
Established in 1995, Soho House is the world’s leading private member’s club brand, created for creatives, founded for filmmakers, a hub, a haven for media types from London to LA and Mayfair to Mumbai.
When House Magazine was first published in 2007 we were invited to propose ideas for a digital version of the publication, that would allow non-members and travelling members the chance to share in the award-winning content published quarterly.
We created a flash book platform, (pioneering in those days but now updated to HTML 5), that faithfully reproduces the print experience online, with added features and functionality such as pdf printouts, deep-linking and sharing. 23 issues and 6 years later, we are still delighted to be working with Soho House on this creative, digital, literary project.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and all-round PHP Developer who likes challenging and diverse work to join our growing London team.
Technical excellence in LAMP technologies supported by good commercial experience is essential to the role. You will be an advocate for writing clean, readable, scalable and maintainable code in collaboration with other developers. Your core skill set will be complimented with expertise across a range of additional languages and frameworks.
Digital agency experience is extremely desirable. The technical team is integral to the development of concepts and ideas. As the role is to work for an agency, there is a strong focus on collaboration, an ability to work alongside creatives, strategists and alike is a must. It is also advantageous to be able to explain technical procedure to non-technical stakeholders, especially clients.
- Advanced use of PHP5
- Experience with Laravel framework
- Experience with Apache and MySQL web servers
- Solid understanding of MVC and Object Orientated concepts
- SVN or similar version control system
- Good architecture design and scalability problem solving
- Strong database skills, including MySQL (Elasticsearch is a plus)
- Experience of working with and developing web service APIs
- Experience with online community platforms
- Experience with eCommerce sites and payment gateways
- Great communication, organisation and basic project management skills are essential
The Right Candidate:
- Organised, punctual, detailed, accurate, work quickly to tight deadlines and excel at problem solving
- Be able to plan and execute multi-faceted projects
- Can accurately translate UX wireframes and design mock-ups into technical architecture design and fully functioning web applications, working closely with design teams
- Will work closely with front-end developers, release engineers as well as quality assurance teams to ensure technical integration and the meeting of requirements
- More than anything, has a passion for what they do and will always be looking to learn and stay current with developments in all relevant technologies, both software and hardware
Good to have
- Good knowledge of mobile environment, especially iOS & Android
- JSON, Smarty, JIRA and other Atlassian products
- Social media skills, especially mainstream platform integration
- Strong focus on test driven development
- Experience with Angular JS / Bootstrap
This is an initial project based contract position with a view for a more permanent role participating in developing multiple platforms across a wide range of industries while building a team in both London and Beijing.
Send your CV and a covering letter here to apply.